I am an associate professor in Pure Mathematics at the University of Melbourne, in Australia. My research is in arithmetic algebraic geometry, an area at the intersection of number theory and algebraic geometry. I am also keenly interested in computational aspects of both number theory and algebraic geometry.
Consultation: Monday 10-11:30, Friday 11-12:30 in Peter Hall 166.
Mailing address: Alex Ghitza, School of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Melbourne, Parkville VIC 3010, Australia.
Recent publications (more here)
- A. Ghitza, T. Yamauchi, Automorphy of mod 2 Galois representations associated to certain genus 2 curves over totally real fields, 17 pages, to appear in the Journal de Théorie des Nombres de Bordeaux.
- S. Anni, A. Ghitza, A. Medvedovsky, Deep congruences + the Brauer-Nesbitt Theorem, 26 pages, to appear in Integers.
- A. Ghitza, Effective computation of Kurihara numbers, Appendix to 'Indivisibility of Kato's Euler systems and Kurihara numbers' by Chan-Ho Kim, in Proceedings of the workshop Algebraic Number Theory and Related Topics 2018, RIMS Kokyuroku Bessatsu B86 (2021), 63-86.
- E. Eischen, M. Flander, A. Ghitza, E. Mantovan, A. McAndrew, Differential operators mod p: analytic continuation and consequences, Algebra and Number Theory 15, no. 6 (2021), 1469-1504
- F. Calegari, S. Chidambaram, A. Ghitza, Some modular abelian surfaces, Math. Comp. 89 (2020), 387-394.